Category Archives for "Vegan"
Vegan sausage roll at @cafekino in Bristol. Definitely one of my favorite spots in the UK
Cafe Kino – All of our food is 100% free of animal ingredients, and we are proud to have always provided delicious food enjoyed by all!
The only animal-derived produce you will find in our cafe is organic dairy milk, which is provided as an option to customers in hot drinks.
How does Isa Chandra Moskowitz make flavorful and satisfying vegan meals from scratch every day, often in 30 minutes or less? It’s easy! In ISA DOES IT, the beloved cookbook author shares 150 new recipes to make weeknight cooking a snap. Mouthwatering recipes like Sweet Potato Red Curry with Rice and Purple Kale, Bistro Beet Burgers, and Summer Seitan Saute with Cilantro and Lime illustrate how simple and satisfying meat-free food can be.
List Price: $ 30.00
Price: $ 15.62
Meatless meals revamped by the Cinnamon Snail, the vegan food truck with a cult following.
What’s the secret behind the Snail’s takeover of New York City streets? In all kinds of weather, vegetarians, vegans, and omnivores alike queue up for addictive vegan cuisine from truck owner Adam Sobel. Now Adam brings his food straight to your kitchen, along with stories of the challenges of working on a food truck while still finding ways to infuse food with imagination, love, and a pinch of perspective. Street Vegan brings the energy and passion of the Cinnamon Snail’s creative cooking from truck to table, including:
· Breakfasts: Fresh Fig Pancakes, Fried Dandelion Greens with Lemon Garlic Potatoes, Poached Pear-Stuffed French Toast
· Beverages: Vanilla Sesame Milk, Cucumber Ginger Agua Fresca, Peppermint Hot Chocolate
· Soups and Sandwiches: Korean Kimchi Soup, Jalapeño Corn Chowdah, Brown Sugar-Bourbon Glazed Seitan, Gochujang Burger Deluxe
· Veggies and Sides: Lemon-Soy Watercress, Maple-Roasted Kabocha, Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
· Desserts and Donuts: Roasted Mandarin-Chocolate Ganache Tart, Pine Nut Friendlies, Rum Pumpkin Chiffon Pie, Vanilla Bourbon Crème Brulée Donuts, Cinnamon Snails
ADAM SOBEL is the chef and owner of the four-time Vendy Award–winning vegan food truck the Cinnamon Snail. He has appeared on Food Network and PBS and has written about vegan food for Vegetarian Times. He teaches vegan cooking classes at the Institute for Culinary Education in New York. When he’s not on the truck or in the kitchen, he and his vegan family can be found in Red Bank, New Jersey—usually practicing yoga and snuggling with their doggies.
List Price: $ 25.00
Price: $ 13.00
Robin Robertson’s Vegan Without Borders shows how to make culinary borders disappear when you cook with plant-based ingredients as Robin shares her favorite recipes from around the world.
Vegan Without Borders shares Robin Robertson’s favorite dishes from the great cuisines of the world and shows how cooking vegan makes borders disappear. Whether the recipe hails from Ecuador or Ethiopia, these plant-based dishes invite you to travel the culinary world and sample 150 of Robin’s all-time favorites. This mini-immersion into global cooking also reveals that many international cuisines are naturally free of the meat-and-potatoes constraints of the typical Standard American Diet (SAD), and food-loving vegans will delight at the dishes Robin places on her table at home.
The recipes are healthy and accessible but without compromising on flavor. The pastiche of plant-based delights are organized by country or region of the world, making it easy to prepare a single recipe or to put courses together for a complete meal in a particular cuisine. The recipes include family-style comfort foods, global ethnic favorites, and creative new dishes inspired by the classics, all developed to satisfy a variety of mealtime desires. The result is a bounty of mouthwatering recipes that span the globe, representing the cooking traditions of more than twenty different countries of Europe, the Americas, Africa, the Middle East, India, and Asia. Recipes include:
List Price: $ 40.00
Price: $ 21.61
After a decade of struggling with an eating disorder and subsisting on diet, low-calorie processed foods, Angela Liddon vowed to get healthy once and for all. Done with feeling sick and tired, she threw out her fat-free butter spray and low-calorie frozen dinners. Instead, Angela embraced whole foods that made her glow from the inside out. But first, she had to learn to cook-and eat-right. Five years ago, Angela started a blog, ohsheglows.com, to spread the word about her journey to health and the powerful transformation that food can make in our lives. Almost overnight, her energy and authenticity attracted readers eager to create their own positive life changes. Today, Oh She Glows attracts millions of visitors every month, making it one of the most popular vegan recipe blogs on the Internet.
List Price: $ 25.00
Price: $ 11.95
From snacks to main dishes to desserts, a vast collection of vegan recipes features a “FAST” icon that highlights recipes that take 30 minutes or less and includes essential cooking guidance for novice or seasoned cooks.
Title: 1,000 Vegan Recipes
Author: Robertson, Robin
Publisher: John Wiley & Sons Inc
Publication Date: 2009/10/05
Number of Pages: 612
Binding Type: HARDCOVER
Library of Congress: 2008055898Whether you’re a new to vegan cooking, a long-time vegan, or someone who is just trying to eat meatless meals a few times a week, this is the book for you. You will have a lifetime of recipes and inspiration.
These delicious recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and everything in between, are cholesterol-free, low in saturated fat, and high in fiber and complex carbohydrates. You’ll get crowd-pleasing appetizers and snacks like Mango-Avocado Spring Rolls and Savory Artichoke Squares and family favorites like Vegan Margarita Pizza and Baked Mac and Cheeze. Best of all, Robertson gives you an endless variety of recipes from a diverse range of cultures. There is something in this book for everyone’s taste!
1,000 Vegan Recipes:
1,000 Vegan Recipes is for everyone who is interested in healthy and delicious eating that is also ethically, environmentally responsible.
Browse Recipe Excerpts from 1,000 Vegan Recipes
• Mango-Avocado Spring Rolls
• Tricolor Rotini with Pesto Bianco
• Green Tea Rice with Lemon Snow Peas and Tofu
• Chocolate-Macadamia Cheesecake Truffles
Ten Tips for Eating Vegan
Going vegan has never been easier. Here are some tips to get started:
• Try one or two new vegan recipes a week to build your repertoire
• Replace meat in recipes with beans, seitan, tempeh, or tofu
• Eliminate dairy by using non-dairy alternatives such as soy or rice milk
• Enjoy vegetable dishes as entrees instead of side dishes
• Eat more whole grains and whole-grain pastas and cook large batches of beans and grains to use in a variety of recipes
• Explore ethnic cuisines in restaurants and experiment with them at home
• When eating in restaurants, confirm which dishes are vegan
• Stock your pantry and refrigerator with vegan ingredients to have on hand
• When grocery shopping, check labels for non-vegan ingredients
• Explore vegan cookbooks, websites, and blogs for more tips and recipes
List Price: $ 35.00
Price: $ 10.51